Tuesday 2 January 2018

#4 to #15 at Woodlands Historic Park, Victoria, Australia, January 3 2018

I regularly visit Woodlands Historic Park. I'm there at least once a week, as it is very close to home and always provides something to photograph. During the winter months there are numerous birds, including different types of beautiful robins. During the warmer months, I find a myriad of invertebrates for my macro lens.

Today I took my five year old daughter with me, so I stayed to the tracks and didn't go to some of the areas I usually visit. This worked out quite well, as I managed to find some great insects right next to the main tracks in the areas that I don't usually visit. My daughter loved the experience, and she is getting quite good at finding insects all by herself.

Here's what I found to add to the list. There may be a few more if I can identify them to a species level, or if some other kind person on the usual ID pages that I regularly use can help.

#4 Honeybrown beetle (Ecnolagria grandis)

#5 Eurymeloides pulchra

#6  Common Brown (Heteronympha merope merope)

#7 Paropsisterna beata

#8 Tau emerald (Hemicordulia tau)

#9 Neorrhina punctatum

#10 Common spotted ladybird (Harmonia conformis)
#11 Dicranosterna immaculata

#12 Paropsisterna variicollis

After we had finished at Woodlands Historic Park, we moved on to the nearby Greenvale Reservoir Park where I managed to find a few more insects to photograph.

#13 Fiddler beetle (Eupoecila australasiae) (mating pair)
#14 Schizobothrus flavovittatus

#15 Scopula rubraria


No comments:

Post a Comment

#199 to #203 at Balbirooro, Victoria, Australia, December 26 2018

Yesterday I went to twitch an Eastern Yellow Wagtail,a very rare bird for our part of the world. While I was there, I found some very nice i...