Sunday 7 January 2018

#16 to #18 at Eynesbury, Victoria, Australia, January 4 2018

I visit Eynesbury a few times each year, mostly to look for birds (see http://2018birdphotos.blogspot.com/). I sometimes find a few insects, including Odonata (dragonflies and damselflies), which were today's target.

I got lucky and found two hard to find species - a green mantis and a pair of mating mistletoe moths, I also found my first plague soldier beetle for the year, although I expect to see a lot more of them in the coming weeks! I only found a few Odonata, and none of them were willing to sit still and allow a close approach for a photo.

#16 Green Mantis (Orthodera ministralis)

#17 Mistletoe Moth (Comocrus behri)

#18 Plague Soldier Beetle (Chauliognathus lugubris)


No comments:

Post a Comment

#199 to #203 at Balbirooro, Victoria, Australia, December 26 2018

Yesterday I went to twitch an Eastern Yellow Wagtail,a very rare bird for our part of the world. While I was there, I found some very nice i...