Wednesday 10 January 2018

#24 to #32 at Woodlands Historic Park, Victoria, Australia, January 10 2018

I back again at WHP for the third time this year already. Once again with my 5 year old daughter came along to help me look for insects, and she found quite a few that I would have missed!

#24 Chauliognathus tricolor

#25 Slender Ringtail (Austrolestes analis)

#26 Blue Skimmer (Orthetrum caledonicum) (Mating pair)

#27 Sextius virescens

#28 Bandidus canifrons

#29 Magpie Moth (Nyctemera amicus)

#30 Gumleaf Grasshopper (Goniaea australasiae)

#31 Lycid-mimic Longicorn Beetle (Stenoderus suturalis)

#32 Common Macrotona (Macrotona australis) EDIT: so this isn't M. australis, but a different, as of yet unnamed Macrotona sp. Instead of deleting and renumbering, which is too big to attempt, I will correct the count when I add the next species. Edit: here - http://2018insectphotos.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/86-to-141-in-brisbane-queensland.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

#199 to #203 at Balbirooro, Victoria, Australia, December 26 2018

Yesterday I went to twitch an Eastern Yellow Wagtail,a very rare bird for our part of the world. While I was there, I found some very nice i...