Friday 26 January 2018

#55 to #60 at Woodlands Historic Park, Victoria, Australia, January 26 2018

Once again I made my way to Woodlands Historic Park to see what I could see. I had the morning to myself and considered many places to go. I know I would find a lot more for this list and my own curiosity at other locations further away from home, but the idea of exploring the park and finding something new is even more appealing. And that's exactly what I did! It was a very humid morning and the park was quite wet from a torrential downpour the night before. But I persisted through the heat with sweat dripping from my head and getting all over my glasses making it very hard to see or take photos. I had a great time!

#55 Endotricha pyrosalis

I originally had this as #56 Paropsis lownei but I have removed it from the list and adjusted the numbering because it is impossible to separate P. lownei and P. variolosa visually and they both occur in Victoria

#56 Syringoseca rhodoxantha

#57 Megachile lucidiventris

#58 Dieuches maculicollis

#59 Spectrotrota fimbrialis
#60 Austrolestes cingulatus

No comments:

Post a Comment

#199 to #203 at Balbirooro, Victoria, Australia, December 26 2018

Yesterday I went to twitch an Eastern Yellow Wagtail,a very rare bird for our part of the world. While I was there, I found some very nice i...